Please note that once the integration process has been completed, the 'Print' button within FMS will send orders through to KCS; this includes all orders created directly within the FMS system. To avoid sending an order through incorrectly, please create orders via the website only.
For new integrations, please follow the below steps to start the integration process:
- Many SIMS FMS systems have the Tools →
eProcurement Settings... option disabled. If this is greyed out please contact your
organisation’s SIMS representative to enable it:
- If you are in Kent and have a contract with EIS then please contact them directly
- If you are outside of Kent or do not have a contract with EIS then you will need to contact Capita directly
- You will need a unique DUNs number. If you do not know your DUNs number, please contact D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) via their website to acquire one.
There is no charge for this service, although the process can take up to 10 days.
- Does your establishment use a proxy server to
connect to the internet? Your IT Coordinator will be able to confirm this. In general primary schools will
not be using a proxy but secondary schools will. If a proxy server is used, make a note of
the following details:
- Address of the Proxy e.g. http://ProxyServer:123
- Username, Password and Domain
- Contact KCS stating that you wish to use the FMS integration on your KCS online account:
Once you have completed steps 1-4 simply follow this quick guide to complete the setup process.
Don't want to take advantage of all the great features a full integration offers? Click here to request a SIMS FMS catalogue file to import into your system.